Saturday, May 28, 2011
First of all it is important to note that I am not a Democrat or a Republican, I am an independent. This is not an anti-Obama post, it is an anti-authoritarian post.
10. According to the Huffington Post (3/16/2010) Obama's administration has blocked more Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests in 2009 than President Bush did in 2008.
9. The Obama Administration has pushed hard for immunity for those who have spied domestically, even while promising to be more open and end these programs. (Electronic Frontier Foundation 4/7/2009)
8. Renewed the PATRIOT Act 2 times with no reforms (CS Monitor 3/1/2010, and Politico 5/26/2011)
7. In June of 2010 the NY Times reported that the Obama Administration has cracked down on "whistle blowers" more than ANY PRESIDENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY.
6. Obama has pressed for MANDATORY DNA tested for EVERYONE arrested for a crime, regardless of whether or not there was a conviction. (Politico 9/3/2010)
5. The President promised what 70% of Americans want, a "public option" healthcare system. All while cutting a deal with big pharmaceutical and insurance companies to pass a watered down version that will hurt more Americans than it will help, as it forces everyone to buy insurance from a private company. (NY Times 3/16/2010)
4. Obama himself used a signing statement to allow the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank to ignore labor and environmental standards. (Huffington Post 6/27/2009)
3. The New York Times reported on May 13th 2010 that Obama gave permits to BP and other oil companies exempting them from environmental laws.
2. President Obama appointed former Monsanto lobbyist Michael Taylor as Americas Food Safety Czar. Monsanto has been called "the most evil corporation in the world." and supplied 90% of the WORLDS seeds for genetically modified crops. (Huffington Post 7/23/2009) (if you dont know about GMO crops see my other posts maybe even just look it up for yourself, yuck.)
1. The Obama Administration ramped up the war in Afghanistan and Pakistan, started a war in Libya and continued the war in Iraq. On the homefront he launched FBI raids on anti-war activists in Minneapolis and Chicago, alleging connections to terrorist groups, and forever associating anti-war activists with terrorists. (Democracy Now 9/27/2010)
These are only ten in a long list, some "honorable" mentions are:
Obama (a former pot smoker) promised marijuana reform and then cracked down hard and appointed an anti-pot crusader named Michelle Leonhart to head the Drug Enforcement Agency.
At the Pittsburgh G20 meeting he allowed security forces to teargas and terrorize, and in some cases physically assault students who only wanted to get a picture of the President on their own campus. They used weapons such as rubber bullets and a Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) which had my ear personally ringing for days. There were arrests by unmarked police, and just general abuse of power.
Overall Obama is like Bush the 3rd or worse.
Good luck keeping any freedom America, its time for a third party candidate, or an all out overhaul of our corporatocracy.