Wednesday, February 9, 2011
America The …Polluted: Top 10 Polluters in the United States.
So here they are the ten most environmentally destructive companies in America.
10. US ECOLOGY IDAHO INC., 10 1/2 MILES N.W. OF GRAND VIE LEMELY RD., GRAND VIEW, ID 28,895,378 lbs
9. ASARCO INC. RAY COMPLEX HAYDEN SMELTER & CONCENTRATOR, 640 ASARCO AVE., HAYDEN, AZ 34,941,191 lbs
8. KENNECOTT GREENS CREEK MINING CO., 13401 GLACIER HWY., JUNEAU, AK 37,103,243 lbs
7. NEWMONT MINING CORP. CARLIN SOUTH AREA, 6 MILES N. OF CARLIN, CARLIN, NV 43,143,578 lbs
6. NEWMONT MINING CORP. LONE TREE MINE, STONEHOUSE EXIT 212, VALMY, NV 58,686,703 lbs
5. BARRICK GOLDSTRIKE MINES INC., 27 MILES N. OF CARLIN, ELKO, NV 79,410,838 lbs
4. KENNECOTT UTAH COPPER MINE CONCENTRATORS & POWER PLANT, 12300 S. UTAH HWY. 111, COPPERTON, UT 113,640,793 lbs
3. BHP COPPER N.A. SAN MANUEL OPS., 200 S. REDDINGTON RD., SAN MANUEL, AZ 248,695,440 lbs
2. NEWMONT MINING CORP. TWIN CREEKS MINE, 35 MILES N.E. OF GOLCONDA, GOLCONDA, NV 291,128,400 lbs
1. RED DOG OPS., 90 MILES N. OF KOTZEBUE, KOTZEBUE, AK 481,578,816 lbs
Scorecard.goodguide.com is a great resource to see the pollution levels on a local, regional and national scale, where you can find out about the pollution problems in your community and learn who is responsible.
So where do they get all this information? Scorecard integrates over 400 scientific and governmental databases to generate its customized profiles of local environmental quality and toxic chemicals. All data sources are clearly cited on Scorecard, with hyperlinks back to online references whenever available. --♣